No pun intended, but New Orleans + Orbograph Client Conference = “a hurricane of check and healthcare processing”! The Orbograph Hurricane began on Wednesday evening, April 10th, with a wonderful opening reception. Nearly 70 attendees filled the reception hall to interact and listen to a local New Orleans Jazz band. A classy and jazzy way to start!
Thursday morning we were off and running, following our agenda and opening with a video series from Former Wisconsin Governor and Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson as well as keynote speeches from Mark Brousseau of Brousseau & Associates, Vijay Balakrishnan of StratEX and Mike Scheuerman of CCG Catalyst Consulting. Once the vision was set, Dan Welch from Bank of America described what problems banks are really experiencing, before we moved into Rapid Fire Solutions of Orbograph in both check and healthcare payments. These sessions illustrated how recognition technologies can be optimized in today’s environments to meet the needs of both industries.
Post lunch, we hosted a workshop in check processing with presentations by Harland Clarke, All My Papers, Tempus Technologies, Silver Bullet and Digital Check. On the healthcare side, we discussed how to eliminate Explanation of Benefit forms as the workflow around medical lockbox environments. Then we were off to the French Quarter Festival! (Sorry, no pictures unless you participated! Ha)
On Friday, we powered on, with an Orbograph Accura XV and client services update, risk presentation by Former Wausau Financial Systems, Inc. CEO Bob Weirauch and eye opening presentation by Scott Miller of ECCHO about Rule 8 and Rule 9. After two breakout sessions, we concluded the conference with the ORBY Awards, where a combination of five individuals and four organizations were inducted into the Orbograph Hall of Fame including:
- 2013 Hall of Fame Inductee: Founding Partner Award – Bob Weirauch (Previously of Wausau Financial Systems)
- 2013 Hall of Fame Inductee: Development – Jerry Garrett, Jack Henry & Associates
- 2013 Hall of Fame Inductee: Development – William Maloney, Jack Henry & Associates
- 2013 Hall of Fame Inductee: Sales – Aimee Harlow, FIS (Formally AFS)
- 2013 Hall of Fame Inductee: Product Strategy – Jim Casale, ACI Worldwide (Formerly Aurum Technology & FIS)
- 2013 Automation Services Customer of the Year Award: athenahealth
- 2013 Innovation Customer of the Year Award: Jack Henry & Associates (Accepted by Chuck Hendrickson)
- 2013 New Partner of the Year Award: FLEX (Accepted by Sean Holcomb and Jim Simonsen)
- Automation for RDC/POS Customer of the Year Award: CU Wireless (Accepted by Chris Giles)
See what you missed!!!