Access Patient Payments extracts transaction data from scanned images of paper-based patient payment coupons/statements as well as check image transaction information to generate EDI 835 cash posting files ready for import to practice management (PM), hospital information systems (HIS) or patient billing systems.
The system extracts the serial number, check amount and date directly from the check. Additionally, the claim ID, account number and patient name can be lifted from the payment coupon or statement.
The information is archived within the system and is fully searchable from within the HPAC Payment Portal by fields such as date, payer, check number and amount.
Access Patient Payment automation can be an add-on service to EOB Conversion or as a stand-alone service. Additionally, when an existing lockbox is present at a service bureau, financial institution or healthcare provider, it is possible to import these files and images into HPAC to be archived.
- Eliminate patient payment balancing and manual posting process
- Consolidate paper and electronic payments associated with patient claims on same platform
- Improve collection process with real-time access to images of originating documents
- Long-term archive of transaction data and images
- Provide full payment picture from claim creation, insurance remittance to patient payments
- Improve efficiencies and reduce costs
- Virtually eliminate posting errors
- Reduce receivables and improve collection process
- Long-term archive of transaction data and images integrated with remittance and claim information
- Reduce staff management challenges and maximizes FTE utilization
- Free software upgrades
- Performance monitoring and trend analysis by OrboGraph Client Services
- Business Intelligence (BI) and volume tracking
- Improve HIPAA compliance position by eliminating manual paper routing and exposure
Access to critical updates, new industry insights, & thought leaders.